Sunday, December 23, 2012
Obama administration to consider deporting CNN's Piers
Morgan, arguing the gun control proponent is using his
position as a TV news host to wage war on the Second
"British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is
engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution
by targeting the Second Amendment," reads the petition.
"We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately
for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for
exploiting his position as a national network television
host to stage attacks against the rights of American
The petition has attracted more than 11,000 signatures
since its creation Friday. It was posted on the White
House's We the People website, which allows users to
create a petition which will receive a review by policy
makers as well as an official White House response
should it gain 30,000 signatures within 30 days.
Writing on Twitter Saturday, Morgan seemed amused by
the petition, and responded to a number of people
asking him (not so politely) to get out of America.
Morgan also got into a
tiff with British business mogul Alan Sugar, who tweeted
to Morgan that he has a U.S. Visa but keeps mum about
his opinions while in the country. Morgan responded by
calling Sugar a "coward," for not expressing his views.
Morgan ultimately thanked the U.S. citizens who had not
signed the petition, joking it was a sign they supported
"6,600 Americans have currently signed the petition to
deport me - meaning 311,993,400 clearly want me to
stay," he tweeted, back when the number of signers was
lower. "Thank you."
Morgan became the focus of the petition after clashing
with gun rights advocates on Piers Morgan
Tonight following last week's school shooting in
Connecticut. On an episode airing hours after the killings,
Morgan asked a gun advocate guest "How many kids
have to die before you guys say, 'We want less guns, not
unspool in "a few hundred screens" in the U.S. upon its
release in North America in either spring or summer next
year, said Ramy Choi, director of distribution and
acquisition of the Hong Kong actor's company, Jackie &
JJ International Limited.
The heist caper, revolving around a Chan-led team
hunting down Chinese national treasures auctioned off to
international speculators, will also be released in Europe
at the same time, Choi said.
The film, which also stars Korean actor Kwon Sang-
woo and young Chinese actors Zhang Lanxin and Liao
Fan as the relic-hunters and Oliver Platt as a villainous
tycoon, took its bow in Chinese-speaking territories and
also major Southeast Asian markets on Dec. 20.
Choi declined to reveal the identity of the film's U.S.
distributors, with whom she is finalizing details of a deal,
but she confirmed partners for other markets include
Splendid Film (Germany and Benelux), International
Movies Distribution (Russia), Italia Film International SAL
(Greece, Cyprus and the Middle East) and IFI Dagitim
Choi said Chinese Zodiac topped box-office listings on
mainland China (where the film's co-producers, Huayi
Brothers, are distributing the film) on its opening day
with earnings of 43.5 million yuan (US$7 million). She
said the film's first-day gross also topped charts in
Singapore (handled by Clover Films and Golden Village),
Malaysia (Golden Screen Cinemas) and Thailand
The one territory which Chinese Zodiac failed to come
out on top is Chan's hometown: in Hong Kong, the film
only secured HK$0.5 million (US$64,516), trailing behind
both The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two (HK$2.2
million; US$283,870) and Wreck-it-Ralph (HKS1.7 million;
Now the brand ambassador for Loya milk, He seems to be
toeing the path of his D'Prince, his younger brother, who
once tried his hands in the night club business. Last
Friday, he opened the doors of Pop, his night club, to the
public. This was the same night club Jay Jay Okocha ran
as Club Nos 10. Obviously, Don Jazzy bought over the
club. It was simply a change of ownership and name.
The fast rising star expunged the possibility of a hook-up with Tonto, claiming he is way too young for the Nollywood actress cum singer.
Check out what he had to say
"First of all I need people to understand that blogs will write they have to write so they can get hits. There's a price to pay for fame. People have access to you, they can say anything about you. But I just want people to know, before they say a word, do not forget that I have not said anything. I have not told you that I'm dating A or dating B. On this interview, I repeat that I am a single guy married to my music and my hustle. I'm too young for all that, I'm just young and getting it right now".
with his friend's girlfriend, one Funmi Omotosho, an undergraduate of Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun state is not finding the story funny at all. Naturally, the singer, who claims he doesn't like to respond to unfounded news, said he was prevailed upon by his close aides to set the record straight on the allegation, instead of allowing falsehood to thrive.
According to some people in the know, Funmi Omotosho and her boyfriend are friends to 9ice and they have all found the publication misleading and embarrassing as well.
Reacting to the report however, 9ice explained; "I attended Funmi's birthday not quite long which also had her boyfriend in attendance. Sincerely, I can't fathom where the whole story is coming from but I know that the mischief makers are at it again". With 9ice's outburst, it proves that the false romance story is just a hint of marred journalism and there is no iota of truth in it. There are no strings attached between both parties, just an appearance at her party....
Sir Emeka |Onyemelukwe (KGS) (JP)
PP. Emeka Onyemelukwe & Associates
17 Kenyatta Street,
CODICIL, VARYING, REVOKING AND ADDING TO MY WILL
I, DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU, EZIGBO-GBURUGBURU, of NO. 7 Forest Crescent, GRA, Enugu, formerly residing at No. 4 Isiuzo Street, Independence Layout, Enugu, declares this to be a first codicil to my will which bears date, the 9th day of July 2005.
1. By my said will I gave absolutely to my wife Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu, the real property, located at No. 7 Forest Crescent, GRA Enugu, Enugu State and property known as Plot No. 20 Cadastral B9, located in JABI DAM, Abuja and covered by Certificate of Occupancy NO. 4405.
1(a) I hereby declare that those two properties have since been transferred to my wife, Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Ojukwu, by a Deed of Gift (Gift inter vivos)) already registered.
2. In paragraph 5 of that will, I gave the property known as Jubilee Hotel on Jubilee Road, Zaria, Kaduna State to my daughter, Tenni Hamman.
(a) I have since sold that property.
3. In paragraph 9, 10 and 11 of my will, I devised and bequeathed my one hector each out of my 6 (six) hecters of land, located at Umuezena, Umudim, Nnewi, to my son Nwachukwu, my daughters, Nmegha; Ebele; Chineme and two hecters to my wife, Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu.
4. In view of the current problem in that parcel of land at Umuezena, Umudim, Nnewi, I direct that on resolution of the dispute between Obi Umezena and the Youths, what ever acreage or number of plots of land given to me shall be shared in the same ratio used in my will.
5. By my said will, in paragraph 12, I gave and bequeathed my interest in my mother's property at Onwudiwe Street, Uwani, Enugu to my nephew Tom Bigger.
(a) Tom Bigger is my nephew to whom I devise and bequeath my interest at 56 Onwudiwe Street, Uwani, Enugu.
6. Also in my will, in paragraph 13, I gave my interest in my mother's property at Thinker's Corner, Enugu,Enugu State, to my nephew Robert Bigger.
(a) Robert Bigger is my nephew, to whom I gave all my interest in my mother's plot of land at Thinker Corner Enugu. That plot of land is registered as instrument No. 29 at page 29, in volume 478 of the land Registry, Enugu.
7. I gave all my moneys in my account in Zenith Bank of Nigeria Plc. Bourdillon Street, Ikoyi, Lagos and Diamond Bank of Nigeria Plc. Garden Avenue, Enugu to my wife, Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu, for the up keep of our children and herself.
8. OJUKWU TRANSPORT LTD
I hereby direct that on my demise, my wife Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu shall take over my seat on the board of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. She may nominate any person of her choice to represent her in her absence at board meetings.
9. My wife, Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu shall retain my interest at No. 29 Queen's Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos, which I fought hard to secure from the clutches of Lagos State Government.
10. I have thought about how peace shall endure within my brothers on the Board of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. And I have come to the conclusion that the Real Estate properties and companies shares of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. Be shared, except NNEWI HOUSE, which shall remain, the legacy, binding us an generations to come. This property at No. 1-3 Creek Road, Apapa, Lagos, shall still be owned by Ojukwu Transport Ltd. However, I suggest that my half brothers agree on one Estate Agent, who shall manage the property. Proceeds from that property shall be shared equally among the three sons of late Sir. L.P. Ojukwu yearly as a binding legacy for generations to come.
11. I hereby direct that on the sharing of the Real Estate properties of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. The shares accruable to me shall be shared equally between my children from Late Njideka Odumegwu Ojukwu and the children of Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu.
12. I also direct that my daughters, Ebele Odumegwu Ojukwu and Tenni Hamman, be given a share of the Real Estate properties accruable to me.
13. I also demand that all the company shares owned by Ojukwu Transport Ltd. Be brought to a common pool and shared amongst the directors of the company.
14. I devise and bequeath my bungalow, at Abuja under Federal Housing Authority, HSE 41, 1st Avenue, 1(A) Road, Lugbe Estate, Abuja to my daughter Chineme. She shall own the property exclusively.
15. I devise and bequeath to my son Okigbo Odumegwu Ojukwu, my plot of land known as plot 10, Block 1, Thinkers Corner Enugu. He shall hold and enjoy the land exclusively.
16. In all other respects, I confirm my said will as modified by this Codicil.
IN WITNESS I have hereto set my hand this 16th day of December, 2009.